Is it racist for a black woman to marry a black man (African) for the sake of black empowerment?

Update: Let's say she turns down other black guys (even if they have good-paying jobs and are gentleman who treat her like a queen) because someone in their family tree, they have white ancestors. Basically, a man who is half black and half white is not good enough for her, as she wants her man to be African. ... show more Let's say she turns down other black guys (even if they have good-paying jobs and are gentleman who treat her like a queen) because someone in their family tree, they have white ancestors. Basically, a man who is half black and half white is not good enough for her, as she wants her man to be African. Isn't she getting married for the wrong reasons, if black empowerment is what she's most concerned about, as well as making sure her kids don't grow up "confused," & wanting them to be 100% black?
Update 2: I think being any race is great, and what's wrong with being mixed? That's not being "confused," but instead leads to great conversation with others, such as "Oh wow, your mom is [such 'n such] and your dad is [such 'n such]? Awesome" followed by more conversation. If... show more I think being any race is great, and what's wrong with being mixed? That's not being "confused," but instead leads to great conversation with others, such as "Oh wow, your mom is [such 'n such] and your dad is [such 'n such]? Awesome" followed by more conversation. If you're 100% one race, there's no extending that conversation, especially if you look like the race that you are.
Update 3: And if a black woman ends up cheating on her 100% black husband, I wouldn't be surprised if she realized deep-down inside that she married him for the wrong reason -- his race.
5 answers 5