How to know if a scenario you thought about in your head isn’t an actual memory?

For example: If you go to a party then 3 months later you imagine yourself kissing someone at that party, how do you know it isn’t a memory? Would thinking of it 3 months later instead of the day after the party be an indication that it’s just a scenario made up in my head? ( as I did not think this until 3... show more For example:

If you go to a party then 3 months later you imagine yourself kissing someone at that party, how do you know it isn’t a memory? Would thinking of it 3 months later instead of the day after the party be an indication that it’s just a scenario made up in my head? ( as I did not think this until 3 months later when I was just over thinking things)

I also asked my friends if it happened and they said no. And my friend said has asked the boy I imagined it with and he said no (but I’m not sure if my friend is lying about asking him-but then again why would she lie? What would she gain from that?) Surely if it happened I would think of it the day after the party?(as I could Remember the night before quite well) and I always think about the night before when I wake up the next day. But it wasn’t until 3 months after the party when I thought about this randomly.

But how do I know if the scenario I thought of in my head wasn’t real?