Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

Will putting on muscle mass effect my flexibility in MMA?

I want to start lifting heavy like bench, squats, and deadlifts to increase my PR’s in those, but I also want to become as flexible as possible for high kicks and other kicks in mma. I was wondering if adding muscle mass has any effect on it. Is it possible to do both?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

It can at first. Increase of mass can make your muscles sore and pumped causing lack flexibility. Just learn to do some stretches when you get up in morning, before and after a workout. And get massage therapy.

There are many books, classes, videos etc on the subject. It is not just the muscles but ligament and tendons as well as the joints. Joints you can not stretch but you can use things like rotational movements to help. A example to that would be doing something like indian club swinging.

Source(s): Former USMC, 30+ years of martial arts
  • 3 months ago

Just make sure to stretch. Those guys who can't scratch their own butts get like that because they think stretching is "gay." When I'm bent over upside down with my face in my own butt, one guy whispered "fag" and ran away once.

Source(s): Ballerina boy with a 600lb squat, 265 bench and 360 dead.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.