Do female bettas have and defend territory? Or is it only the males?

Do female bettas choose territory to defend like the males? I have a female, her name is Numinex, and shes in a 30 gallon tank with my 5 guppies. they have been together for a few days, and she started flaring at my 2 yellow and orange ones, Naaslarum and Voslaarum. My other guppies are a white one named... show more Do female bettas choose territory to defend like the males? I have a female, her name is Numinex, and shes in a 30 gallon tank with my 5 guppies. they have been together for a few days, and she started flaring at my 2 yellow and orange ones, Naaslarum and Voslaarum. My other guppies are a white one named Paarthurnax, and 2 dark blue ones, Odahviing, and Vulthuryol. Numinez hangs out near a purple floating plant in the back left corner of the tank, and she flares at them only when they are go too close to that plant. I can tell them all apart too, and Numinex seems to get more irritated when Naaslarum specifically goes near her 'territory'.
1 answer 1