Andy asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 6 months ago

Any weed growing pros out there?

Hi, I have found myself paying sickening amounts of money for a bit of smoke so I'm going to attempt a small grow of 1 or 2 plants.

Problem is I am not very knowledgeable on the subject and I have never grown so much as a potato... and I'm from Ireland!! So basically can anyone help me pin point exactly what I need and what kind of feed I need and what schedule I should feed. I have seen small hydroponic grow tents on Amazon for £50 and grow lights from £30-70, is this the sort of thing I need?

The space I have to grow is approx. 4x4x8ft and it is in an outdoor shed. Another concern I have is it is coming into the colder seasons soon, will the hydroponic tent make the seasons and temperature irrelevant?

I know I am very ignorant on the subject but any help to point me in the right direction would be very helpful.

Many Thanks!

There is all the information you will ever need on line. Here are just a couple sites: https://www.growweedeasy.com and https://forum.grasscity.com . I'm in California (weed friendly) and also grow in a shed but can't grow about 3 months a year because it gets too hot. Even semi-serious growers out here usually use a room in their house with A.C. My shed, however, has no climate control and it's not well sealed so bugs are a problem (worse in the heat). Out here there are many hydroponics shops all of which specialize in everything needed to grow weed as well as expert advice. For a very small grow I would not bother with a hydroponic set up. I use a King 1000 grow light (under $100 US if you shop on line). It works great for veg and with a 4 plant grow I can grow about a pound a year of some very good product. It is, however, not great for flower. For great flower look at quantum board LED lights but they are roughly $500+ US. Good luck.

• Lôn

My garden's full of weeds...you're welcome to take them.

Nope.................................

• Andy6 months agoReport

what's the point of commenting then?? thanks anyway

• This oddly sounds illegal to me

• Nancy

Because people are going to confess to a federal crime on a social media site.