which bible is superior: Douay rheims or King james bible?

Favorite Answer

Douay. The KJV is pretty awful. Try this as a comparison - especially note the last verse:

1] A psalm for David. The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing. [2] He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment: [3] He hath converted my soul. He hath led me on the paths of justice, for his own name's sake. [4] For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me. [5] Thou hast prepared a table before me against them that afflict me. Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!

[6] And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

• Micks7 months agoReport

I agree. Thank you

The King James Bible. I haven't found a better one unless it's the Inspired Version from the Community of Christ.

• What game would you like to play? The sacred bible is universal, with the exception of so-called Jehovah's Witnesses, which has been modified in some places, where the divinity of Jesus Christ is in force.

• k w

Bullingers companion Bible, free online, KJV only

• Aaron

The bible is fiction. All religious books are.

KING JAMES...I NEVER even heard of the other one...REVISED IS GOOD TOO.

• Elaine

The Douay is translated from the Latin translation of the original koine Greek . The KJV is mainly translated from the Greek. In my opinion the KJV shows the heights to which English can soar. There is something poetic about "saith" that is lacking in "says"

• Michze

Skeptic's Annotated Bible.

The one that is most accurate

Personally, I like the Ving Rhames Bible myself.