Would my life in America be better if I was white instead of black?

- Finding a job faster?

- Not being judge often?

- Better opportunities?

White people would it be better for me? Answe honestly plz. Maybe the answer is Asian idk, help me out

Favorite Answer

The answer is yes. It’s called white privilege. I’m black and I understand that we undoubtedly have it the hardest. Black people have come a long way in America. It’s not impossible to thrive as an African-American without being a famous athlete or rapper/entertainer. But being black isn’t the same as being white in America. We both know that. Still, I wouldn’t change it even if I could. Being black is apart of who I am.

• Lv 7

There is no "white privilege." I have to fight for every bit of progress I make. http://tiolibooks.com/blank_1.html

Unlikely. Most employers won't mind your skin color in a job interview. This is like asking if you'll like or dislike a character from a movie or a book because of their skin color. Unless you're extremely racist, the chances are you'll like or dislike it for reasons other than their external appearance.

It shouldn't matter. There will be some people who are totally judgmental mountains of crap. It happens to everyone. Maybe live further up north, because (as someone who lives in the south) the south is more racist than north. The northerners will accept all people. Well, most of them. Just remember that people will be ******* to anyone, no matter what. It shouldn't matter what color your skin is. Also remember that you have just as much value as anyone else.

"better"? In what way? As a White male, you would likely be blinded by privilege and unable to empathize with the suffering of nonwhites.

Is that really "better"?

Yes, it would. I have a degree from a good university (with good qualifications) and have felt the racism towards me going to interviews for corporate type jobs. I believe you do have it better if you are white. I am a mixed race woman.

having a higher iq opens up all kinds of doors and opportunities for a person.

No...not at all.

Of course.

Africa is our home and as soon as reparations are received, I'm out of here. You coming right?

Nope...........you are who you are.....whites are going down.

Nope, being white doesn't mean success. That's just your own insecurities speaking out

• FN - 2187

No it’s not it’s also backed by facts. No reason for you to be even remotely butthurt