ChemFlunky asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

How much can plastic surgery really change someone's appearance?

I'm lazywebbing research for a story I'm working on (not for money, just for fun).

Our Heroine, at age 20 and again at age 30, is subjected to involuntary plastic surgery, with the sole intent of making her permanently look different enough that she's hard to recognize as her previous self. But I'd prefer if, neither time, she looks especially like someone who's "had work done". If it matters, before the two surgeries, she was... an unremarkable-looking, but not unattractive, white woman.

Is this something that would be plausible? If so, what features would be easiest to change, and/or have the quickest healing time, and/or cause the minimum of scarring or distortions?

Check out before and after pictures of Melania Trump. She's had a nose reduction, eye bag removal, boob job, teeth capping and probably a face lift. She was an attractive girl before all the plastic surgery, but she looks very different now. You can also check out actress Jennifer Grey's appearance before and after her nose job. She looks so different that people who knew her didn't recognize her after the nose job. All of the Kardashian-Jenner girls have had nose jobs and some of them (Kim, Khloe and Kylie) have had a lot more than that done.