How much can plastic surgery really change someone's appearance?

I'm lazywebbing research for a story I'm working on (not for money, just for fun). Our Heroine, at age 20 and again at age 30, is subjected to involuntary plastic surgery, with the sole intent of making her permanently look different enough that she's hard to recognize as her previous self. But... show more I'm lazywebbing research for a story I'm working on (not for money, just for fun).

Our Heroine, at age 20 and again at age 30, is subjected to involuntary plastic surgery, with the sole intent of making her permanently look different enough that she's hard to recognize as her previous self. But I'd prefer if, neither time, she looks especially like someone who's "had work done". If it matters, before the two surgeries, she was... an unremarkable-looking, but not unattractive, white woman.

Is this something that would be plausible? If so, what features would be easiest to change, and/or have the quickest healing time, and/or cause the minimum of scarring or distortions?
1 answer 1