Are there any atheists willing to engage in a civilised debate?

• Megumi

Yes, of course, but are there any theists who will do the same?

• John

Aetheism and Aetheist are Athenian Greek works identifying worshippers of Aethist the pagan god.

You might as well try to start a debate with Aephrodite or Aethenia worshippers have as much luck with that.

Not many die fjr fjejvkeke

• A.J.

Of course. First read about what logical fallacies are and avoid them.

https://thebestschools.org/magazine/15-logical-fal...

Then understand that the vast majority of atheists are of "I don't believe in deities or the supernatural". It is not the responsibility of an atheist to prove to you there is no God. It is not about proving non-existence. There are reasons to make the conclusion, but that is not a proof.

Personally, though aligned with atheists and I have no belief in the Judao-Christian-Muslim God nor any entity to worship or pray to, I do not fully dismiss the concept of panpsychism. I'm not convinced of that either, but find it a fascinating concept. If curious, look up what panpsychism means. Some leading scientists and philosophical geniuses have an interesting direction of thought.

Add - Note, Logical Fallacy #6 in the article- Circular Argument

“The Bible is true; it says so in the Bible”—that’s a circular argument. They are assuming that the Bible only speaks truth, and so they trust it to truthfully report that it speaks the truth, because it says that it does. It is a claim using its own conclusion as its premise, and vice versa, in the form of “If A is true because B is true; B is true because A is true”.

• Sherri

You see, for me to have an actual debate we both have to agree on what the definition of “fact” is. I do not find passages of the Bible to be considered concrete fact or a reliable source of information to back up an argument. I’ve yet to come across a religious person who uses arguments that don’t come from “well the Bible states”.

• Cogito

Many of us are very civilised and happy to debate - but this is not a discussion forum.

If you have any specific questions, fine. But otherwise, find a chat room.

this is NOT a debate forum

EVEN IF THERE ARE U WILL GAIN NOTHING CUZ GOD STILL GOES ON FOREVER!!

• Megumi

Gods do not exist.

Yes, there are plenty.

• Dze

you may have to bribe them with cookies ..