Kush asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 months ago

Is Trump wrong that if you vote Democrat, you are not loyal to Israel or no?

Since when do American citizens pledged to be loyal to Israel?

Favorite Answer

Since I'm not loyal to Israel in the least and consider it just another country in a volatile region, I'm okay with that. I can both consider Israel unimportant AND not wish ill upon the Jewish people. I'm doing it right now in fact!

Nope.................................

Well, the USA is my country. I honor Israel and so I have a sort of loyalty to it - not the same kind of loyalty I have to my own country of course.

Now, the Democrats are becoming increasingly anti-Israel. It has not always been so, and not all Democrats are so. But it does seem that voting Democrat in most cases is not good for Israel.

However, US policy toward Israel is not my only criterion in choosing whom to vote for.

Then again, somebody who would treat Israel unfairly is likely to be unfair in general. So it's likely that an anti-Israel candidate will also have a lot of other flaws, in my view. So I probably would not vote for them.

• Thorn

Trump is wrong

as usual