Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 12 months ago

If a marriage is a sacred union between two people and God why would divorce ever be okay?

I have a relative getting divorced and I cannot figure out what either spouse is thinking. Twelve years together in union with a vow to God and now they have changed their minds.

Favorite Answer

divorce is never ok in my opinion. Marriages do fail from tie to time but they should be annulled. If you marry in the traditional way there is ever any red for a divorce bc the traditionally you do not get a marriage approved by a government. you get it approved by the head fo your family or house, and the marry in the church. you do this after signing a marriage contract that spells out all financial matters like dowry and inheritance and how much of the dowry will be retuned to the former wives family in the rare event that a such a marriage fails. In this way it is always fair since all parties have agreed to it beforehand rather than fighting over and attempting to steal wealth and property that belongs t some else legally after the fact. When my first wife and I married we married in this way. She was a lower class rich girl who turned out to b a real social climber and her mother gave me a very large dowry to marry her. Since it was for temporary social elevation in the contract only a small amount would have been returned to her in th event the marriage failed and that would only be done after she changed her name back tp her family name and agreed to never use my families name again. She was not willing to do that after I had themariage annulled, or eve meet with the archbishop of Vienna who married us for the annulment so I never had to return any of it. My second and current wife was a noble virgin and you glady of a higher rank in society and when we married both our hearts were in it fully and I doubt we would ever seek an annulment. Either way there would be o need for a divorce battle.

People tend to pick and choose what they claim God did or wants. However, if you care what the New Testament has to say about this, Jesus clearly stated that there is no such thing as marriage in heaven and that Marriage is entirely an earthly thing. Another human thing is to pick and choose the passages that you agree with and ignore those you don't.

There are religions who think (for men) marriage is a weight on the soul and that focusing in earthly love will keep you out of heaven and there are those who absolutely don't condone divorce at all. People pick and choose.

Because 'god' is not real. If he were, he'd be the biggest loser of all time. Think about this: he makes marriage a big deal, then allows 99 percent of wives to withhold and deny sex.

Divorce is NEVER OK. But sometimes it is necessary.

in that respect you could say that every married couple is involved in 3sums ..

• Foofa

If you believe in god you probably also believe that he once destroyed the world, sparing only Noah's family, so humanity could start over. Leaving a bad marriage to start over is a lot smaller deal than that.

• rick

God doesn't exist

I'm married. I'm not "in a union with God." Want to know why anyone is doing anything? Ask them.

To some people, it isn't ok, to others it is. I didn't realize people were in a union with God when they married. I don't think that is the case.