Liam asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 11 months ago

why do women (generally, don't get you're misoginist and bigot cards out) less patriotic than men.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • liz
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Patriotism as a complete generality, is more often a characteristic of the right-wing than left-wing. Men are more likely to be right-wing than women. So men are more likely to be patriots.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Or it could be that they're just less vociferous about it. Having the loudest voice doesn't necessarily mean you feel any given ideology more passionately.

• 11 months ago

Really? I've known more patriotic women than patriotic men.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Patriotism is the last bastion of scoundrels. It's something governments use on naive people to make them comply. If women aren't complying, it's because they're less stupid as a class than men. Women tend to care about humans dying whereas men tend to want to be the ones killing.

• Liam11 months agoReport

if the men in 1944 believed that way, they would never have set their feet on normandy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

I don't think women are less patriotic than men.

I think some men make a display of false patriotism to compensate for the doubts they have about their own masculinity. An example of false patriotism is treating the symbol as more important than what it stands for, as in worshiping the flag without having a high regard for liberty and justice.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

More of the man's position to protect. Women protect too but the man should be more of the up front role.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Because men with testosterone and entitlement take patriotism to another level and use it to hate other races and go to war and fight

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.