Promoted
Jan Hruska asked in PetsDogs · 9 months ago

how do you take a dog's blood pressure?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

● "How do you take a dog's blood pressure?"

I don't.

I have not the slightest interest in buying & storing a sphygmomanometer, let alone in using 2 hands to keep my GSD lying quietly while my other 2 hands pump the pressure sleeve to a suitable pressure then my 5th hand turns the dial to face me so I can read it!

I'm aware of professionals known as veterinarians, so I let them worry about ensuring that the hoses & bladder haven't perished (or been chomped by an adventurous pup playing in the kitchen...), while I concentrate on my pooch.

Why are YOU interested?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

😛 To discuss a breed, type the breed-name into the top field of

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/dir

then choose a couple of groups to Join - use the group's

Message History

on its /info page to make sure that it still has members who are ACTIVE. Then send an e-mail about yourself to the Subscribe address on that page.

Many of the people in them KNOW about that breed. Plus you can include several actual photos in your posts.

😛 Also join

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/The_GSD_Source...

so that you can easily look up all sorts of information about dogs, especially GSDs. It is an "encyclopaedia" group (to which members can ask for new sources to be added), not a discussion group.

Les the aged Kiwi - first pup in 1950; GSD breeder & trainer as of 1968

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

I don`t my vet does should it need to be ascertained cos thats what i pay him for.... My dogs are vetchecked on a 4 monthly basis In order to keep them in the best of health.Also their 4 monthly vetcheck is a legal requirement as we work regularly across 3 international borders here in Europe. My dogs are working sheepdogs::: As for how their b.p. is measured it is like with humans and sheep by the use of an inflatable cuff.

Attachment image
    Source(s): Shepherd
  • 9 months ago

It is done much the same way as with humans- an appropriate sized inflatable cuff and a sensor, usually using one of the front paws. The only real difference is that a stethoscope won't be of much value because the veins aren't large enough to produce sounds audible to the human ear.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You tke the dog to the vets for any medical issue...........

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You take it to the vet lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.