Are U.S presidential ballots designed to confuse the public about the Electoral college?

why does it say "Trump" or who-ever, if you're actually picking an elector who pledged to vote for him? what if I want to research the electors? they do the REAL voting. Elect-ors, the ones who actually elect. Why aren't THEIR names plastered everywhere? Why don't I get to see who I'm... show more why does it say "Trump" or who-ever, if you're actually picking an elector who pledged to vote for him? what if I want to research the electors? they do the REAL voting. Elect-ors, the ones who actually elect. Why aren't THEIR names plastered everywhere? Why don't I get to see who I'm ACTUALLY picking? Why do ballots appear to be designed to fool the public into assuming they're our democracy is direct? Is it just me?