What does this nightmare mean?

In real life, I have a dog named Terra, who is a siberian husky. In my dream, for some odd reason, my husband and I were having Terra euthanized (put to sleep for death). She looked healthy but like a good dog, she just layed there. When the vet (unknown person) gave her the shot, she started howling in pain. When... show more In real life, I have a dog named Terra, who is a siberian husky. In my dream, for some odd reason, my husband and I were having Terra euthanized (put to sleep for death). She looked healthy but like a good dog, she just layed there. When the vet (unknown person) gave her the shot, she started howling in pain. When she got up, her skin started falling off in chunks. I was horrified. My husband started to pet her head, where some fur remained, and told her it would be ok. His hand got bloody and soon she was completely skinless and still alive. She walked to me with fear in her eyes and in obviouse pain. I wanted to help her so bad, but I couldn t. My heart was aching and got down and told her it would be ok.

I know that real life euthanizing doesn t happen like this and is way more peaceful. Terra is up to date on all her shots, is healthy and nothing is wrong with her, so I wonder why i had such a morbid dream about her.

In fact, in normal occasions, after waking up from a nightmare, I would immediately forget about it. This is the first dream I had in a very long time that I remember and I had it last night.

Anyone know what this could mean?