Which base version of Elder Scrolls Online is the best? Can I use a second hand copy of ESO Gold/Crown Edition?

I know I've left it a while, but I recently heard ESO is much better than it used to be so I'm going to get it. I've not found anything online that's similar enough to my questions to go ahead and buy it. I was wondering, which base game is best to buy? I'm aware of the Morrowind add ons and so... show more I know I've left it a while, but I recently heard ESO is much better than it used to be so I'm going to get it. I've not found anything online that's similar enough to my questions to go ahead and buy it.

I was wondering, which base game is best to buy? I'm aware of the Morrowind add ons and so forth, which I'll get in the future if I really like it. I was wondering if I should get the Gold edition or crown edition, I've heard that the gold edition is best but I aren't sure.

If I do get the Gold Edition, can I get it second hand? Are there any codes inside that may have been used by the previous owner that I can no longer use anymore to access the extra content, or is it hard-coded into the disk?

Lastly, if I buy the Morrowind expansions and so forth, do I load up that Disk (Morrowind) then 'have' that DLC and I can access it any time from using the original disk. Or do I have to use the Morrowind/Summerset disks any time I want to access that content? I've never been too sure how that works as DLCs aren't often hard copies. Thank you✌️