Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 8 months ago

Why can't americans get over September 11th 2001? It's ancient history, most people weren't even alive back then. Just grow up already.?

Favorite Answer

that's because Americans are Hypocrites, 9/11 was just a taste of what America give to everybody else, to any American is okay to invade other countries bomb them, nuke them, enslave their people, crippled their country economy, starved their people to death take their resources, but if anything happens to an American is an unforgivable crime

• Damir7 months agoReport

yes, I do live in America I've been here for 22 years, my family came here as refugees from Bosnia a war America caused, it is because of America I lost my home

I was in the fifth grade when the attack happened. The images of the burning towers and the falling bodies are permanently burned into my mind. To ignore the horror and tragedy of that day would be a dishonor to the Americans who were slaughtered that day.

• 7 months agoReport

Troll... no one was alive back then

most people that are trying to grow up already would include those who were born on that very day, who are not yet even 22 years old. some of those very people trying to grow up already was actually turning in the womb while the buildings were burning their loved ones up. some of those people are the very ones still trying to get beyond the cascade of raining bodies they couldn't stop falling from above, because as a fireman, 9/11 set their minds on fire with the fact that they didn't have ladders that went that far up into the sky to save anyone. those below who were covered with ashes and running for their lives carried both the powdered remains of people and papers all over their faces. here is what you need to remember darling: when the fire faded from the buildings those of us here to witness it, souls caught fire. when the dust settled outside the embers rested in our hearts, and when the smoke cleared the mist marked us. we who remain, and are yet to be born have fountain-ed forth from that very date of 9/11. we are ALL the off-spring of that day directly or indirectly, simply because none of us could be here without passing through 9/11 to get to 9/12, 9//13/ ... 2002, 2003 ......................... today. people call to mind that day not so much for looking back, but for the benefit of being able to use it as a light to shine on the path ahead, allowing us to take heed to the circumstances that brought on the disaster, and thereby with this knowledge PREVENT it, should the threat hint again. we are all moving on with reflections that prevent you from having to live through perhaps what you can't identify with. your view is proof we are having success with safety, however, we ask that you don't let your lack of understanding keep you from the comfort of peace others have died to give you, ... even if it wasn't in their own personal plane, ours, and yours either. since we can enjoy this peace let's do so with gratitude. so from those of us you say need to move on ...to you we say with a smile, we will gladly call to mind whatever we must to ensure you never have to drink from such a cup as we have, and by this report become more understanding, knowledgeable, and also thankful. oh, and most important ....... You're Welcome Sunshine.

Sign

We The People of 9/11

• daylily61

Laurence, ignore Nigel's drivel. He's probably a bot, anyway.

18 year olds have no wisdom, and don't understand history. I remember when I was growing up, WWII was just something that happened in the ancient past, and really didn't apply to me. I was born in 1954. As I got older, I started to understand and appreciate the historical past. It's a simple question from an immature person who has no perspective. Reflect on this question when you're 40+ and I guarantee you won't feel the same.

You should be ashamed for asking this question. Who the hell do you think you are?

You must be joking. Innocent people lost their lives that day, the Twin Towers' collapse messed up America's money/ economy/ trade matters big time, people felt threatened in their own home. Not since Pearl Harbour has America been attacked by international organisations in such a great, deadly scale.

Most people now were born before 2001 so most of us have a clear idea what happened. Struggling with moving on is not a maturity issue, but a deep, psychological, dark issue.

I have wondered about Slavery, and the Nazi's and concentration camps, and the Japs sneak attack on a early SUNDAY MORNING in Hawaii, also all the MASS SHOOTINGS, and DRIVE BY SHOOTINGS, .. Lets just get over and forget ALL HISTORY..

Considering those born that day will soon be able to vote doesn't mean it's ancient.

Seems like some of you are taking his bait. The question was asked just to rile people up.

Meanwhile, clownboy needs a spanking for it.

• SoCal7 months agoReport

I think it's a foreigner & yep! Just wants to rowl things up.
      Same with the parties, the name-calling, etc. The global media does the same crap.. their owners work for war profiteers & get money for making refugee camps from governmentsTrump pisses them off bc he's shut down the fleecing of America

• e9601:

You need to grow up kid. That was a horrendous day for sure. Now go to school and get an education, and pray you get some sympathy in your sad soul.

• Ann

Honey, 18 years is not "ancient history." Saying so or that "most people weren't even alive back then" tells us just how ill informed and immature you are. It was a horrendous and scary thing. Just looking at the videos of parking lots in New Jersey transit stations of the rows upon rows of cars that weren't picked up because those people DIED at work that day, makes me sad. People jumped from the 80th floor in an effort to escape the horror! Body parts were scattered! I have family who were running late that day who were two stops behind on the subway when it happened. That saved their lives. AND it's the terrorist attack that keeps on killing because so many of the first responders have died or are dying of cancer simply because they went to help.

I hope this is just your immaturity talking and not insensitivity.