promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Christians, when Jan dies after living a life of purity, love, joy, sweetness & gentleness (but thought no gods existed including your god)?

......... Will Jan end up in ETERNAL DAMNATION AND TORTUROUS SEPARATION FOR ALL ETERNITY???? Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Certainly not, Einstein. Do good, get good. Do better, get better. Excel, and get eternal life. Jesus did say that he shall reward us according to our works.

No, if Jan is all you say she is, she will go to Paradise when she dies to be perfected and learn the gospel of Christ. (1 Peter 3:18-20; 4:6). She shall also hav a chance to benefit from it -- God isn't mean. 1 Cor. 15:29.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Nope, no hell for Jan. If Jan lacked the capacity to believe in God or was never given sufficient teaching to help her understand, then she is at no fault and an all-knowing, all-just God would know that and take it into account.

• The punishment for wickedness is death not eternal torment in a fiery place. Death is non existence. The only way to avoid eternal death is by accepting Jesus Christ as your savior and doing God's will.

• 9 months ago

How can she be forgiven of her sin if she doesn't believe in God? How is she such a good person if she is claiming such virtues and claiming that they make her better than everyone else? I think you might have some plot holes in your story here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ann
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I believe that there is a way to convert those after death. I wish I could remember what the priest said exactly. I don't believe that God would condemn someone to hell because of this. Perhaps Jan, which confused me originally, would have to spend extra time in Purgatory, but I don't believe he or she, I guess, will be denied the presence of God for eternity.

• ...Show all comments
    • Charles Veidt
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

You are correct. If any factor outside of Jan's free will prevented her from believing/doing what might be normally expected of a Christian, then she would be judged only for what WAS in her capacity to control in free will.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

A "life of purity, love, joy, sweetness, and gentleness" still doesn't pay for even one of Jan's sins.

And this is the prideful self-righteous blindness that people seem to struggle with. The payment of sins issue.

Only the death and blood of Jesus is acceptable payment for our sins, and that is already done by Him.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Jesus says yes, she will go to Hell for not believing in and worshiping Jesus. It's God's righteous vengeance for her immoral lack of worship. Praise Jesus.

• ...Show all comments
    • Charles Veidt
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Inaccurate. If the hypothetical person lacked a genuine capacity, either due to lack of opportunity or lack of sufficient education or even lack of mental capacity, then they would be judged mercifully and not held accountable for factors outside of their own free will.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.