1 mark off a grade 5 in AQA english lang?

Hey, I ve got physics 8 biology 9 chemistry 8 maths 9 eng literature 6 RE 7 Geography 7 but I ve got a 4 in eng lang with 1 mark off a grade 5. I want to do economics in college and so do you think that they would accept me to do it?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Congratulations on your GCSE results. As regards your question the answer rather depends upon the college and the course you wish to pursue.

With your excellent results, especially in science and mathematics, I think it most likely that you will be accepted. I base this opinion on 37 years as a college lecturer/manager.

Incidentally it may be possible to have English Language paper remarked, but you may have to pay for this. You should consult your school about this. Please remember marks can go down as well as up.

• Niren6 months agoReport

Thank you very much, the school has sent it for remarking for free and so hopefully AQA has made a marking BLUNDER and hopefully get a new, higher grade.