Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 6 months ago

Why people are not happy that Spiderman going back to Sony where he belongs?

Like come on, finally we'll have original Spiderman characters and Spiderman will actually be Spiderman than Iron Man Jr

I don't know nor do I care. I think since Disney officially owns Marvel Spider-Man SHOULD go back to Disney.

I don't like tom Holland

MCU fanboys want Disney to have a monopoly............

• Z-one

One thing I've read somewhere is that, Spidey no longer can appear in any further Avengers films, so his days as the next Tony Stark might have gone out of the window.

I personally like Tom Holland and dont want anymore changes. I like this "Iron man Jr" thing and anything produced by Marvel itself. I also saw an article on Disney offering a deal for the rights to spiderman and they'd recast all the marvel spiderman celebrities.

I just dont want to see a 4th spiderman figure

Because the last three Sony produced Spidey movies were abominations of awful. Marvel was doing a good job.

Spiderman is a Marvel character, not a Sony character.

• Rick

Hahahaha he belongs there? Lol

It's not that they're unhappy. Part of the commotion is just meme sharing. But I'd say the reason is because Tom Holland and the recent approaches to the character worked very well, in fact BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE.

The animation spiderman movie has done great. Homecoming was great. Infinity War was a astonishing success. Far from home was good too. Now what Sony had on their side?

A failed trilogy and two garbage attempts to revive the character. So, yeah.. we can expect another Sony spiderman disaster.

• Laura6 months agoReport

How does a film series successful enough to get not 2 but 3 films become a failed trilogy?!?
      Toby spidey trilogy started this craze of superhero movies by showing that comic characters sell.
      Sony is where the IP belongs remember marvel sold it to them for cash 💰

I've yet to see a Spider-man movie that I really liked.

They always have to make significant - typically detrimental - changes to the character and general "setting".

Why?

I mean: the comic book character is (or was) extraordinarily popular.

Wouldn't the smart thing to do in a movie be: to imitate that tremendous success as closely as possible?

Spiderman, the character, came long before Sony and Sony Pictures rose to power. In fact all the original Stan Lee characters came on scene long before they got into movies.

They all came from comic books in the 1940s and '50s, as Sheldon Cooper will tell you. I mean the original ones, not the spin offs that have come later.