If you haven’t used a game for Xbox one in a while do the updates take longer?

I haven’t used my grand theft auto 5 game in a while and I accidentally deleted my progress a while back ago and it installs fine but the update is taking longer then usual I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t played the game in so long that it has more updates I know my internet connections not the problem cause it works just fine I’ve reset it multiple times becasue I’m at a group home and my wireless connections screwed up so I have to play online games with a wired connection Why do you think this is happening and what can I do about it?

Yes, think of updates as a book. Didn't read it? Now you gotta read 2 books or 3 books as you're far behind. Updates stack, the longer you leave it the bigger it will be

Any Console, even PC.

Yes the more Updates, and patches available the longer it takes.

I bought one game, It loaded, and when I clicked Play, It did another TWO* HOURS updating and patching. I think the game, being digitial, should have been patched and updated prior to purchase.

* the game itself took Four Hours to Install (no problems).

• Raditz

If you're not playing in a while, then yeah, the update size will be huge (you're looking at 30+ GB worth of update files if you're installing using a disc, since you need to update from the scratch).

So unless you got a fast internet, then it should took some time to complete.