If you haven’t used a game for Xbox one in a while do the updates take longer?

I haven’t used my grand theft auto 5 game in a while and I accidentally deleted my progress a while back ago and it installs fine but the update is taking longer then usual I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t played the game in so long that it has more updates I know my internet connections not the problem cause it works just fine I’ve reset it multiple times becasue I’m at a group home and my wireless connections screwed up so I have to play online games with a wired connection Why do you think this is happening and what can I do about it?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Yes, think of updates as a book. Didn't read it? Now you gotta read 2 books or 3 books as you're far behind. Updates stack, the longer you leave it the bigger it will be

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Any Console, even PC.

Yes the more Updates, and patches available the longer it takes.

I bought one game, It loaded, and when I clicked Play, It did another TWO* HOURS updating and patching. I think the game, being digitial, should have been patched and updated prior to purchase.

* the game itself took Four Hours to Install (no problems).

• Raditz
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

If you're not playing in a while, then yeah, the update size will be huge (you're looking at 30+ GB worth of update files if you're installing using a disc, since you need to update from the scratch).

So unless you got a fast internet, then it should took some time to complete.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.