Tiffany asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Going out of time for 5 days and asked my neighbors to come check on my cat once and refill her water and food. Will that be enough?

She has an automatic feeder with a weeks worth of food and water in it so I'm hoping they just come over to see if she is ok.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, that will be enough. It wouldn't be enough for a dog, but for a cat it's fine. As long as the cat is in its own home and has food and water, it will manage.

Can you make a recording of your voice or call on the phone's answering system? It's not necessary, but the cat will like it. Also, leave some of your unwashed clothes for the cat to sit on.

The descendants of the pet cats that had to be abandoned after the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 are still living in the crumbling houses there.

• PAMELA
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

And the state of the litter tray?

• Login to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They should come over every day, what if she eats most of the food on the first day? the water will get stale,and the litter box will get so disgusting that the cat will not use it.

• 6 months ago

Can't the cat stay with the neighbors?

• 6 months ago

One thing that could happen when you're gone is that the cat will try to get out of the house when someone opens a door. Impress on your neighbor the importance of checking if the cat is near the door and very quickly closing the door behind them.

• Tiffany6 months agoReport

Thanks for the advice good tip.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Can leave a cat forever....it knows how to fend for itself.

Peace,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.