Heni asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

How do I deal with my mother?

I started working at a warehouse, in order to pay off my $400 COLLEGE debt, and to get a laptop. I definitely have to pay off my debt. I think it will take a little longer, to get a laptop.... I was hoping to get a laptop, to work for clients from home, instead of having to go to the library. I want to become a digital nomad. And get out of this damn job.

But now my mom wants my help, financially. She's getting in my way. I'm going to have to talk to her about this soon.

• Foofa

You move out. But if she's really in financial danger you also have the responsibility to make sure she's got a roof over her head too. If you only have $400 in college debt you're in far better shape than most recent grads.

i would help her out, if you help her out maybe she'll get you a laptop

Nicely, tell your mom you can't help her as you have this college debt. I am sure she would understand. You can work towards your own goals, that's achievable. Why is your mother asking you for money? There are lots of organisations that can help her financially. If you are a whizz on the computer, have a look to see who could help her. She's your mom and you can still help her (find a way to improve her finances). Talking to her sounds like a great idea - I wish you well.

Then move out. You live there free, so why shouldn't you help out? You only owe $400, you can stand on a street corner and beg that much money. Besides you are 26 years old, she should kick you out and maybe you would grow up.