Hahw asked in HealthWomen's Health · 12 months ago

Can I douche with just water?

After having sex, I usually have a hard time to pee after sex, which helps get rid of bacteria. I was thinking I could use the water to rinse out any bacteria after sex. Instead of constantly getting UTI, yeast infection, B.V, etc..

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

If you're douching after sex, you are not washing out bacteria from your urinary tract. Douching washes out your vagina.

• Jim
    Lv 5
    12 months ago

You do not need to douche, ever. The vagina is self-cleaning. Semen will come out on its own.

• 12 months ago

absolutely, never use soap or douche on these areas, water only

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Have you thought about just having the guy use a condom?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mayona
    Lv 4
    12 months ago

No need for douching coz it could change the necessary balance of vaginal flora (bacteria that live in the vagina) and natural acidity in a healthy vagina. A healthy vagina has a balance of good and harmful bacteria. The balance of bacteria helps maintain an acidic environment.

• 12 months ago

The vagina cleans itself. Let it do its job.

• 12 months ago

Not sure where you heard this stuff.

• 12 months ago

You can't rinse out your urethra.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Douching is never recommended. And it would not remove bacteria from your bladder or urethra.

If you are 'constantly' getting vagina infections, you need to see your doctor. And you need to be sure that your partner is checked and treated. If he's passing the infection back to you, douching won't solve the problem. You both need medicaiton.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Douching will not make you get less infections. It will make you get more. There is almost never any real reason to douche.

In the event you do, as it seems like you're planning on it... slightly acidic is better, as it matches the natural pH of the vagina. Most water systems strive to keep for a completely neutral pH, which isn't what you want.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.