Why is the left side of our queen bed so uncomfortable???

My bf and i share a queen bed that’s pushed against a wall so the top and right side of bed touches the wall. He normally sleeps on the left side that doesnt touch the wall, and I sleep in the corner. He asked to switch and I thought I’d give it a shot. That night I got almost no sleep and I was so uncomfortable and he slept perfect. The next night I took melatonin to see if thatd help keep me asleep. I slept for 4 hours and I was up again tossing and turning and couldn’t find a comfortable way to sleep, i was also having back, neck, and chest pains. He says that he finds that side uncomfortable too and would wake up very easily too. What is going on with that side of the bed? How can we make our sleeping arrangements better for the both of us??

• P
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes one side of the bed wears quicker than the other. It could be because someone slept on that side more or weighs more. This makes that side softer. Depending on your sleeping preference you may prefer that. You can buy a mattress topper, but if that doesn't help you may end up having to buy a better mattress.

He has probably ruined his side. So you can try either rotating the mattress or turning it upside down so the worn side is on his side again.