I have been texting with someone claiming to be a soldier stationary ins South Korea How can I find out if he is a real soldier?

I have been texting with someone claiming to be a soldier statioed in South Korea How can I find out if he is a real soldier?

Edit

I have been texting with someone claiming to be a soldier stationed in South Korea How can I find out if he is a real soldier?

Edit

HE is actually a civilian spammer in Nigeria.. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE TEXTING YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED.. Check his pic to and you will find when you google it it is fake to.. also he claims to be a soldier... where is his verifiable family here in the states.. HE CLAIMS TO NOT HAVE FAMILY... RIGHT.....

• Adosia

Once he asks you for money its a scam.

Mary G, do not send him any money! You can read a recent New York Times article about a scam using soldiers' names to get money out of lonely hearts. You can do it - check out this site: https://www.dfas.mil/garnishment/verifyservice.htm... - but you'll need his SSN, which he is unlikely to give you, scammer or not. Good luck.

• Adosia

That is a pretty poem

Send a pic of his uniform with his last name tag on it, or him wearing it.

Tell him to send you a picture of him in front of some famous SK landmark. Or in front of the gate of his base. Have him send a picture of his military ID card. Better yet, figure out the time difference between you and South Korea. The next time you are texting to him. Ask him what time it is there. He should be able to answer in less than 30 seconds. See if he is correct.

I know he's name at least the one he gave me but not he's Rank & Number

you could have him send pictures of where he is stationed.

• SCATTY c

ask him that and he will fob you off - no camera or unable to take photos of the base for security reasons...

I don't think you can my friend they won't give anything out about the Army.

• David

Ask for his name, rank and number.

• mary g5 months agoReport

I know the name but not the Rank & number. Thanks

• Andy C

Meet him in public and ask him to wear his uniform.