I have been texting with someone claiming to be a soldier stationary ins South Korea How can I find out if he is a real soldier?

Update:

I have been texting with someone claiming to be a soldier statioed in South Korea How can I find out if he is a real soldier?

Edit

Update 2:

I have been texting with someone claiming to be a soldier stationed in South Korea How can I find out if he is a real soldier?

Edit

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

HE is actually a civilian spammer in Nigeria.. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE TEXTING YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED.. Check his pic to and you will find when you google it it is fake to.. also he claims to be a soldier... where is his verifiable family here in the states.. HE CLAIMS TO NOT HAVE FAMILY... RIGHT.....

• 3 months ago

Once he asks you for money its a scam.

• 3 months ago

Mary G, do not send him any money! You can read a recent New York Times article about a scam using soldiers' names to get money out of lonely hearts. You can do it - check out this site: https://www.dfas.mil/garnishment/verifyservice.htm... - but you'll need his SSN, which he is unlikely to give you, scammer or not. Good luck.

• 3 months ago

Send a pic of his uniform with his last name tag on it, or him wearing it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Tell him to send you a picture of him in front of some famous SK landmark. Or in front of the gate of his base. Have him send a picture of his military ID card. Better yet, figure out the time difference between you and South Korea. The next time you are texting to him. Ask him what time it is there. He should be able to answer in less than 30 seconds. See if he is correct.

• 3 months ago

I know he's name at least the one he gave me but not he's Rank & Number

• 3 months ago

you could have him send pictures of where he is stationed.

• SCATTY c
      Lv 5
      3 months agoReport

ask him that and he will fob you off - no camera or unable to take photos of the base for security reasons...

• 3 months ago

I don't think you can my friend they won't give anything out about the Army.

• David
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Ask for his name, rank and number.

• mary g3 months agoReport

I know the name but not the Rank & number. Thanks

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Meet him in public and ask him to wear his uniform.

• D
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Someone didn’t read the question lmfao

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.