Is it strange that he wants to meet me on his birthday? 10 pts?

I have been chatting with a man online. We have chatted for several months now. He is very smart, attractive and nice. I would say he is kind of out of my league in a way. ..since I am not as smart or attractive as he is..but nevertheless he seems to like me. Anyway, we are trying to make a plan now to actually... show more I have been chatting with a man online. We have chatted for several months now. He is very smart, attractive and nice. I would say he is kind of out of my league in a way. ..since I am not as smart or attractive as he is..but nevertheless he seems to like me.
Anyway, we are trying to make a plan now to actually meet each other and he requested that I meet him on his birthday since it would be his birthday wish.
so my question is, Is it just me or is that kind of strange and sad? Why would he want to meet me on his birthday? Wouldnt he want to be with family and friends that day?
Of course we chatted for so long that I do consider him a friend but we still never met as of yet. Of course I told him I would be honored to do so and that I can treat him to a meal in that case but I still think it is kind of strange. He seems so smart, handsome and nice...he should have friends. I know he does have family.
Why would he choose to spend his b-day with me though who he never met yet? am I over-analyzing or is that strange and kind of sad?
Will choose a best answer