Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 6 months ago

My childs father makes me miserable, stressed and depressed do you think I'm handling this the right way?

I'm 3 months pregnant and extremely emotional and he's been horrible this entire pregnancy. I want nothing to do with him. I blocked his number and psych myself out in my mind that he doesn't exist so I don't walk around angry and frustrated. I love my baby but I hate that it's by him.

• Edna

He now makes you feel miserable, stressed, and depressed?? I'll bet you didn't feel that way about him when you let him get you pregnant, did you?

Like it or not - he DOES exist. He's your child's father, and he's ALWAYS going to be in your life - one way or the other.

NO, you're not handling correctly. Right now you're making you the center of attention. Your body is on over load physically, mentally and emotionally. Your body takes the stress signals and redirects hormones like Cortisol and all of this affects your baby.

A mother's faith can lift her family through times of challenge, trial, and heartache. Her faith can give encouragement to, bring hope for, and inspire confidence in her children.

Find Peace in Jesus Christ

In the span of one week, Jesus rewrote humanity’s story. He can help you start to rewrite your own story. Start with the teachings of the Savior by loving others, loving God, and making changes that will lead to lasting joy and peace in your life.

He exists. And he's your child's father. You'll need to acknowledge him at some point, if for no other reason than your child deserves to know his/her genetic line. You don't need to include him in the pregnancy, but if you simply block and ignore him when the child is born, he can use that against you to gain custody.

I agree with the suggestion of counseling.

Should have made better choices on your sperm donor.

Ultimately you will have to deal with him because he is the father of your child, and if he wants visitation, the court will most likely give him partial custody.

You might benefit from talking with a counselor now about how you will handle the ongoing contact you will have with him.