My girl friend believes in Angels. That she s seen them. Omg . So irrational. How can You even talk to her about it?

• Foofa

You can't because that's what she believes. You can't change her belief system, you can only decide if you can stand having to hear about it all the time. Religion is one of the big factors couples have to be in sync with if they have any hope of a long relationship. If you and she are on different pages with this it's probably not going to work out.

Friend the Bible says that you need to behave yourself properly and to show charity because the person that's asking for the charity might just be an angel in disguise. I have experience to that in person I saw a poor and homeless man standing on the corner I'm a major highway I was about to drive by him but something told me to stop and give him some money I gave him $10. And he was happy and thanked me. Well I drove 50 miles and I got off the highway. And there was the exact same person. Wearing the same clothes same sign.

And I confronted him and I told him there is no way in hell that you got here faster than me I'm driving a 300ZX turbo. have you ever read the Bible about entertaining Angels? Well you're busted go back and tell Jesus that I passed his test. He tried to protest for a second. And I told him I'm not buying it I know who you are. The man broke out in a big smile and disappeared right before my eyes. I've seen them too!

• Justin

I take it you have no idea what an 'angel' is or even what the name means?

The word comes from the Greek New Testament Bible and simply means 'messenger.' Before technology created an inferior substitute for it, intelligent and perfectly 'rational' people used to have powerful conversations over thousands of miles using 'messengers.' They weren't anything like our silly mail services. They were troupes of well trained actors who would play out the 'message' over and over again in front of the sender until they captured the exact emotion and meaning intended for the recipient. Then they would deliver the powerful message, which was the equivalent of all of the stupid infantile text messages you have ever sent or even will send during your life, only meaningful beyond modern descriptions.

In response, the recipient would allow the impact of the message to sink in, allow every emotion it engendered to have its full effect, then begin a return message. The result of this type of communication was the greatest art, poetry, drama and social genius the world has ever seen. It remains the standard of 'genius' today, with no one alive capable of doing anything remotely like it except for poorly emulating it after paying large sums of money to study it in schools.

That all said, these same brilliant people fully believed in the existence of GOD because they directed the same kind of 'messages' to Him, only they used the power of their imagination to play out dramas that captured all of the intense emotion of their most deeply held beliefs, questions, concerns, and collective thoughts. Then they 'waited' for a response, which actually arrived in that same form.

This is also known as 'dynamic prayer.' Instead of poorly coded graphics, their own minds were flooded with powerful visions, dreams, art and emotions which also sparked new 'messages' for each other.

The divine 'acting troupes' are known as 'angels.'

I am a Christian mystic and I 'converse' with them routinely. There is nothing 'irrational' about it. The world's greatest artistic and social genius, including the grand institutions and social models of the 'modern' world which you now take for granted, were received by 'nobodies' like myself as we devoted our time to this art form inside the original Christian 'university' system. Without it, you would most likely still be a slave living under oppression inside an obscure tribe someplace on earth.

Omg.

The Bible always talks about angels as fearsome.

Every time one appears in scripture they have to tell their audience "Do not fear."

So I don't know what your gf is thinking she is seeing... but Satan could be trying to control her.

Satan masquerades as an angel of light.

Evil is beautiful...

or else no one would want it.

Read the Book of Proverbs for wisdom... and I'd be worrying about salvation for your own @ss first or you surely won't be able to help her in her delusion.

• Alan H

The word ‘angel’ just means messenger

• David

Just agree with her and tell that you was once a Hell's Angel.

We date people for one reason. We use this time to determine suitability of this person as a mate and as a parent. If you find this thought process and or behavior objectionable, it would be time to break up.

Of course there are no angels. Of course there is no god. Of course there are no gods. These are all man-made entities that people have made up through the centuries so that they can cope with the day to day terrors we experience.

If this is a flaw you can overlook, then more power to you. If she treats you well and would be a good parent, you could probably overlook it.

What if I told you irrational could be to disregard the possibility of something simply because you've never seen it? A lot of the things science now explains as fact in the past was seen as irrational illogical nonsense. This to the ignorant who didn't even want to try and understand. Open that door you keep closing on yourself. You'll do yourself a hell of a favor. Just don't be somebody who opens to many doors so quickly they get lost in a maze.