promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Parents of identical twins how did you prevent mixing them up especially when they are newborn babies?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

One parent I heard about via a friend had one boy vaccinated on his left arm the the other on his right arm so she could tell by where the vaccination mark was which boy was which.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Im not a parent but I knew twins and their mother gave them different coloured hair ribbons they wore each day. Red and blue or pink and blue.

• 10 months ago

Generally they have distinguishing characteristics. A freckle. A mole. They're usually not the same size, even if they're identical. It's pretty uncommon for the actual parents to not be able to tell them apart, even from birth.

• TheBellJar
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Babies don't have freckles they don't appear until age 2 and I think they need the sun to appear. Moles are rare in babies to though one in a thousand has one.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

The toenail polish thing would work, just write down which one you put it on!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

We put a drop of nail polish on one of them.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I've heard about using nail polish to paint the toenail of one of the kids... Then all you have to do is remember WHICH kid has the painted toe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.