Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 months ago

Are all in one shampoo/conditioners such as Wash'n'go suitable for occasional use on domestic dogs?

I'm asking because someone suggested to me that using human haircare products like Wash'n'gro was akin to dog abuse.

• me
    Favorite Answer

No, you really need to use a shampoo that is designed for dogs. Human shampoos could irritate your dogs skin.

It's fine if that is all you have and it's only every blue moon but a dog shampoo/conditioner should be used as their regular shampoo as dog's skin has a different ph level.

I have often used baby shampoo or baby shampoo/conditioner. My observation is that a lot of dog shampoos are not particularly good quality, and use cheap perfumes that make me want to sneeze.

Baby shampoos are gentle, usually non-allergenic, and do not over-dry the hair or irritate the skin or eyes. Also, they are often inexpensive.

It's worth a try.

I’ve used similar products before without a problem, but some may have more sensitive skin. (Breeds prone to skin sensitivity: Boston Terriers, Pugs, etc.)

Psychology it's bad for the dog.

• Verulam 1

Nobody is forcing YOU Astrid, to read my comments. Are they? There are more people than you on this place.

• Alex

Yes. As long as you keep it out of your dog's eyes...you will be fine.

A lot of people who show dogs use human hair care products to get a shinier coat, softer fur, etc.

• Lv 5

Nooo! Have you seen Vashngo's photos? Stuff of nightmares!