should i buy a car that costs 13,000 dollars. I am 19 and need one. Also what tips should i do to ensure im getting the best possible deal.?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Don't forget sales tax can run high.Frist car should be something you like but not too expensive.That price is top line for your age,I would look for something in the range of $7,000 Also insurance so be prepared.But honestly your age I would not accept that much debt just for a ride.LOOK around you can do better.Good luck there.

• 3 months ago

no you should be looking at a $1300 car

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I have no idea how much you have to spend. I know I could not afford a $13k car until my md 20s.

In fact, I have never owned a $13k car in my life.

If a deal is important to you, avoid car lots.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Its unlikely you can borrow for one. Do you have $13k in spare change lying around?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Research the specific makes and models you’re considering to learn safety statistics, value for dollar, economy, comfort, depreciation, and test drive several before deciding.

• 4 months ago

If you have the money and want the car, buy it. When buying any used car, there is some risk involved. Look at Kelley Blue Book www.kbb.com. Input all of the info on your vehicle and look for the suggest retail if you are buying from a dealer or suggested trade in value if buying from a private party.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Buy what you can afford to PAY FOR! Don't forget that if you borrow money to buy a car, the bank is going to require you to keep FULL COVERAGE INSURANCE until the loan is paid off. That is going to cost you another $200 or more a month for a teenager.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

check kellys blue book kbb.com

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Do you have $16,000 in your pocket that you don't need? ($13K car, sales tax, registration, first year insurance.)

Yes: Buy that car.

No: Do not buy a car you cannot afford.

• ?
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

At $13k, youre definitely paying more than you need to. Obviously, up to a point, you pay more to get more. If you buy a $10 car, you can be damn sure theres thousands more coming to get and keep it running. But after a certain point (depending on the second hand car market where you are), all the boxes for necessities in a car are ticked, and everything in your price bracket will have good miles, be reliable, good condition, good gas mileage, etc, and any money spent on a car is for frivilous crap you dont need like built in sat nav or bluetooth connectivity. Realistically, if youre spending more than $5k on a car, its more than you need to. I mean, if youve got the money and you're into cars, go nuts, but you could spend $8k less on a car and never really be affected by a lack of heated seats or variable suspension

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.