Anne asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

What dog breeds are non-shedding, don't bark a lot and don't need to go out for walks too often?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

● "What dog breeds are non-shedding, don't bark a lot and don't need to go out for walks too often?"

What are you "high" on, [Anne] ?

All 3 sections of that questions are TOTALLY out of touch with reality.

You didn't even think to tell us WHY each of that trio is important to you.

🐩1: There are NO dog BREEDS - nor even individual DOGS - that are "non-shedding". The very few almost-hairless dogs can't shed much HAIR, but they can & DO shed dander. As [Amos] told you straight away.

🐺2: You neglected to define how much is "a lot", and we don't know your situation (neighbourhood, property, skill at dog training, time away from home) you gave us no indication that ANY dog other than a de-barked one (IF you can find a vet willing to perform that surgery) might be appropriate. For some neighbours, even the coughing sound that a debarked dog can happily make might be too loud. As several have told you, the smaller the dog the more likely it is to yap and yap and YAP. I don't think anyone told you that the more BORED a pooch is, the keener it is to relieve its boredom by racing around and YAP-YAP-YAPPING. Several correctly pointed out that the OWNER's awareness & skill at training make a HUGE difference - but you neglected to directly tell us that important fact. However, your question STRONGLY indicates that you have NONE. Because we were living very remote (40 miles from the nearest city. We had to generate our own electricity - the power grid didn't reach us until 1954) on the far side of Mt. Messenger (back then it had a 1-way tunnel through its "top" - the tunnel was recently widened to be 2-way) when I was 10 and Gran gave me a puppy and Dad (a champion butter-maker) worked every day while the cows were producing milk and neither Mum not Dad had ever been a dog owner, I had to work out for myself what things seemed to help Pal understand what I wanted. But nowadays I insist that every puppy buyer enrols in a weekly training group so that they get COACHED for about a year, starting when Pup is 18-22 weeks old.

🐕3: You AGAIN neglected to define "too often", or even how LONG per walk you are prepared to exercise your dog (on leash) beside you and whether you are a pedestrian or a push-biker.

🤢I therefore deduce that there is NO living dog that will suit YOUR lifestyle - ESPECIALLY if you are allergic to dog-dander, and possibly an asthmatic (although my nation has just announced an inhaler-combination that reduces asthma attacks by 1/3rd, it is NOT a CURE). I once knew of an asthmatic who had to shampoo, rinse & dry his German Shepherd Dog every day - NOT good for the dog!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But if you stubbornly refuse to give up:

😛 To discuss a breed, type the breed-name into the top field of

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/dir

then choose a couple of groups to Join - use the group's

Message History

on its /info page to make sure that it still has members who are ACTIVE. Then send an e-mail about yourself to the Subscribe address on that page.

Several people in them KNOW about that breed. Plus you can include several actual photos in your posts.

😛 Also join

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/The_GSD_Source...

so that you can easily look up all sorts of information about dogs, especially GSDs. It is an "encyclopaedia" group (to which members can ask for new sources to be added), not a discussion group.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950; GSD breeder & trainer as of 1968

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

A stuffed toy dog, no such thing as a non-shedding dog. All dogs bark and all dogs need lots of exercise.

• 6 months ago

In agreeance with Cody!

• 6 months ago

Please don't get a dog.Sounds like a goldfish would be a better fit for you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

greyhounds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,best of breeds

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

They shed, they do require regular walks as well as a good run every so often, and some can be quite vocal.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Toy ones, not the small breeds, the genuine toy ones...

• Kreaky Kiwi6 months agoReport

True - they are not dog BREEDS.

• paul
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

then do not get any dog , just that easy

• 6 months ago

None.

ALL dogs shed to some degree. Some may shed less than others, but those breeds need BRUSHED daily because the loose hairs get trapped in the coat.

Barking mostly comes down to TRAINING the dog, as well as providing enough exercise and mental stimulation so they do not resort to obnoxious barking to amuse themselves.

ALL dogs need to be walked and exercised.

Doesnt sound like a dog is the pet you are seeking. A small caged pet may be more your style.. Or perhaps a cat.

• 6 months ago

Chinese Crested Hairless. They don't need much exercise, have no hair to shed, and if you get it de-barked it'll be quiet as a mouse.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The kind you buy at walmart in the kids section that are stuffed with cotton

• Kreaky Kiwi6 months agoReport

But they are NOT dog BREEDS!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.