HELP!! Need help getting close to bf sisters?

Me and my partner have been together nearly 3 and half years. Everything is great. His parents are separated and I get on well with both is mum and dad. However I feel incredibly awkward and shy around his 2 older sisters.

I feel as if it is almost two late to start making a effort as I feel as if they think I’m weird and feel like they don’t like me. I really don’t know what to do in this situation as I would love to get close with his sisters. Please help

• Foofa

Ask him to arrange some meals together with them so you can get to know them better. If you're planning to stay with this person for a while it's never "two (sic) late" to get to know his family.

It takes two people to feel a mutual connection and "get close". Just be pleasant, ask them how they are doing when you see them, and strike up conversation.

I wasn't close with my husband's sisters. We talked but we weren't like best friends. I already have friends.

Stop trying to push it. Always be friendly towards them and don't speak of controversial things. But remember you are the newcomer on the scene and it's for them to accept and eventually like you, not for you to barge in and demand that.

It is NEVER too late to make an effort.

You don't want to come between siblings or put needless pressure on him and his family do you?

You have to forget how you feel and move forward. Assuming that you like your partner and don't want to risk a good relationship over some silly notion of shyness.