What fruit do you use most often to make savory main course dishes (not sweet, nor desserts) ? Please describe.?

• Jane

Citrus fruit I guess- orange, ginger and honey is so nice roasted with carrots.

Rhubarb is actually a veg but often used in desserts-it makes an amazing sauce with oily fish like mackerel, because of it's tart fresh flavour.

Spicy fruit salsa is great with any dish. Eg. mango or pineapple with chilli and coriander. I have it with burritos, curry, steak, fish.

Salad leaves with grilled nectarines and feta is lush.

Dried fruit like apricots and raisins are lovely mixed with couscous, rice etc, add toasted seeds and nuts.

Loads of recipes using fresh, grilled and dried fruit online, experiment and enjoy!

• C

If we're talking culturally as opposed to botanically then it's definitely apples. Did you know that apples and garlic have a particular affinity? Thinking about it I do use quite a lot of fruit in my cooking, but you did just ask for the one I use most so I won't annoy you with a list of my top ten.

• edward

Savoury? Tomatoes? I’m not sure if this was a trick question or not

Craisins, pears, and apples are great for stuffing, pilafs,

• denise

Apples, craisins, dried apricots, sultanas, in stuffings/dressings or sauces. Are all good with Chicken, pork, turkey & gammon or even with roast lamb.

Also these can be made into chutneys & pickles to have with cold meats & cheeses.

Lemons or limes. Tomatoes. Mushrooms are also technically the "fruit" of fungus, so, yeah ...

Tomatoes .

• Eggplant works fine

Sweet fruits would be pineapple and savory fruit would be tomato.

Tomatoes, chillis and peppers