Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 10 months ago

Oral thrush or oral STD?

My tongue has this very light white coating on it and when I brush my teeth and tongue the coating disappears for a little while but comes back. I also have this pimple on the side of my tongue and when my tongue is white the pimple is white and when I brush my teeth, tongue and the whiteness goes away, the pimple goes back to the pink color. The inside of my cheeks aren't white and neither is the back of my throat. The light white coating is also not painful and neither is the pimple. I read online that thrush is painful and the white yellowish coating that I seen on people's tongues on Google is way thicker then the coating I'm seeing on mine. I have had sex but the oral wasn't protected so could this be some kind of STD or oral thrush? I'm worried about hiv at this point because I seen online that's the only way you can get thrush. Can planned Parenthood treat thrush or do I need to go to a hospital?

• Tavy

It is normal to have a white tongue, nothing to do with hiv. If you had thrush it would be very itchy and be around your cheeks as well.

Overthinking.