Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

Why is my dad such an ***?

I have Misophonia (hatred of certain sounds). One of my triggers is snoring. Tonight I had to stay awake (for my laundry) and my parents were on the couch. My dad ALWAYS starts falling asleep on the couch. He knows that is a part of my trigger. Yet he NEVER goes to bed, or tried to stay awake. And yet again, he did that tonight. He knows it triggers me to the point of having a breakdown but he doesn’t give one flying f*ck about it. He also treats my mom like she’s a queen and me like I’m the servant poor person. He does do nice things for me somewhat. But no matter what it’s my mom getting favoritism EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY. Even if she does something wrong, he won’t disagree with her. He’ll just praise her unless she does something wrong towards him. It’s like he’s trying to get p*ssy every night by showering her with compliments and siding with her no matter what. He doesn’t respect or appreciate me at all, no matter how much I respect him and do all the things he asks of me (and more). I hate it so much. And I can’t even talk to him about anything because he just gets pissed and tries to blame everything on everyone else. He won’t even respect other people’s opinions, and sometimes life styles. He also always makes these stupid lectures about how he’s the “sheep dog” and how he knows everything. I’m getting seriously over it

Favorite Answer

People who snore badly need to fix it. It's the least selfish thing to do. Snoring can cause everyone else in the household trouble. Some children probably grow up with anger issues literally just because of a snoring parent. If I was told my snoring was bad I'd do something about it. Also a dad who thinks he knows everything? You're talking about most dads right there. Dads are dads.

Why are you such a cry baby and faking having issues? Its your parents house, they can sleep any where they want.

And you are a CHILD so you are the servant, you need to do as told or move out. You have no right to tell them what they can and can't do. And you clearly fake your issues since you are just jealous of your mother and think you should get all the prise though you do nothing to deserve it

Stop being an entitled cry baby

if youre that sensitive to sounds maybe you should get tested for aspergers, thats one of the symptoms of it

Maybe it is arrogance like my Dad has.

• audrey

Buy some ear plugs. His house, his right to snore.