E asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesNissan · 4 months ago

How much life would be left in a 2001 Nissan Xterra with 275,000 miles?

I saw it advertised on Craigs List for $2350. The ad says "one owner, runs and drives excellent, no mechanical problems".

Could it be a good find? Or is it too god to be true? I need a dependale daily driver that won't break down.

I drove a 95 Integra as third owner. It had 266k miles, would have lasted longer had I maintained it better.

• Scott

If this car was a cat, it would only have one of its 9 lives left. It's almost kaput.

• g

For $2350? No way. Maybe a grand, not a penny more.

Audrey is right. Too many scammers are trying to sell junk on Craig's list. I would not buy this vehicle at any price. Too old and too many miles.

Buy a GM made vehicle such as a Pontiac Grand Prix or Bonneville, an Impala or Buick Regal that has the 3.8 liter motor. 2000 to 2003 model year.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Depends on how well it was maintained.

• arther

you've all ready said you don't maintain cars this will require regular maintenance, too old too many miles.

I wouldn't give $20 for it.

That's a crap shoot. There's one only 25 miles away from me, original owner with 142,000 on it advertised for $3000 with complete maintenance history. That I'd buy. One with 275 thou on the clock - uh uh.

• audrey

No. Too many miles and it's on Craigs list!

• Geo

Transmission probably won't last much longer.