Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 months ago

Is my husband intimidated by me and how do I fix it?

My husband purposely starts arguments with me. He disagrees with everything I say no matter how small it is. I can say that's a nice shirt and he'll go out of his way to tell me why he hates the shirt. It makes me so angry. I told him this makes me angry and he doesn't care.

Favorite Answer

not all problems have solutions

the best thing is not get involved with such a person..... but since you did and told pit bull he was not helping

if this is new behavior.,.. what has caused it... you have two choices one to admit XYZ has him upset in general

my guess he has grown tired of lack of sex,, this is common problem that manifest in irrational behavior (JUST A GUESS) with the facts you gave and common in todays world

or you can say nothing it was out of the blue

otherwise he has always been a jerk and it is just getting worse

there is no magic fix if sex is not it. (lack of sex you can fix)

divorce is the answer to most other scenarios

does that help?

Maybe you should just adopt an attitude of 'speaking to him only when absolutely necessary'. When he eventually realises how quiet you are he'll ask why you have so little to say and that is when you can tell him that there is little point in speaking to someone who always disagrees with every word that you utter.

I married a man who turned out to be just like yours but he only became that way once we married. It was as if marriage gave him power to intimidate me. I showed him it didn't by leaving.

He sounds a hell of a lot like a my ol Lady, your not married to another women or her sister by any chance are you?

He/she is not on whores moan tablets or muscle dick building products, that can sometimes give them the irritable anus syndrome:-O

Spending time with a nasty negative person can wear you out. He is ugly inside, for one reason or another. Typically when people turn everything into a negative exchange or spat, they are struggling with unresolved anger issues.

People with unresolved anger issues have built up resentments brewing just under their skin. It does not take much for them to get pissed off and when that happens, they release their toxic steam. More times than not, they get angry over just about anything and everything.

Unless he gets help, I am sorry to say that his problems will only magnify in time. I bet he has alienated other people in his life.

If I were you, every single time he is mean and angry, get up and leave the room. Let him stew in his own hateful feelings and remove yourself from the situation.

You also must realize that this behavior is not your fault and you did nothing to deserve it. This is really all about him and his problems, the issues you have with him are just a symptom of his problems. Do not take what he says personally because quite frankly, you cannot try to make sense out of nonsense. A man who cannot even take a compliment about a shirt without it turning out to be a shitshow has issues that have nothing to do with you.

How do you fix it? STOP putting up with it. If you have been putting up with this type of behavior for a long time and finally voice your distain, your husband will think you are nuts because you never complained about it before.

So, during a calm moment, sit down and tell him that his negative behavior is counterproductive and if it does not stop, he will completely alienate you. So, if he keeps up the behavior, KNOWING how you feel, then he just no longer cares.

Then, that is your ticket out of the marriage, perhaps. You may want to go to marriage counseling, with or without him. Because either way, you are going to need the strength to stay with him or the strength to leave him.

I wonder why you chose the word 'intimidated'. Intimidated people don't argue back; they shut up meekly and go away.

• Ocimom

I strongly suggest you both seek marriage concealing to find out what the issues REALLY are.

• P.L.

Counselling - NOT concealing. Concealing is when you hide something from someone by word or deed.

• Layne

I am not intimated by anyone. But my boyfriend is cool and will never hurt me. That guy is not a keeper.

you should have realized this before marriage

• Sky10 months agoReport

Narcissist do anything they can just 2get 2feel empowered, make u believe they truly luv u then once ur baited turns2 ****. Sum end in death, sad but true. Others live in straight hell bc wanting 2believe the liar they fell in luv w/was real but 💯 will never happen they will Destroy ur world!

• PAMELA

He is winding you up, do not react to anything he says, that will really get him mad!!!

He sounds petty, immature, and annoying. To be quite obvious he sounds unhappy in the marriage, hence why he feels compelled to criticize you in the dumbest of ways.

"I told him this makes me angry and he doesn't care."

Him not caring is a REALLY bad sign in a relationship