promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 8 months ago

How to deal with this offensive situation?

There is this middle-aged man that hates me just because he thinks I'm ugly looking. This man just hates me because in his opinion I am ugly looking to him. I just said "hello" to him just to be polite, then out of no where he called me ugly out loud. His remark was uncalled for. I didn't do anything wrong to him and I don't even know him.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

It says it for attention, therefore, IGNORE him and MOVE ON.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • G R
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Avoid him you don't have to deal with him

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Unless this person and his opinion is important to you why would you care what he thinks?

• 8 months ago

Choose to put your focus elsewhere and not engage with this person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

hes the one being ugly, i would just ignore him and you shouldnt feel like youre ugly cause god dont make junk

• Angie
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

If you are in a situation in which you have no choice but to regularly interact with him, ignore him. Do not feel like you have to walk on eggshells around him, but do not go out of your way to make any kind of fuss. Go on as if the incident never occurred. Do not waste a moment more of your time trying to figure him out. Life is too short to allow miserable, negative people to have any place in our lives. They are only as significant as we allow them to be. Move on, and forget about him.

• susan
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

When you get that strong of a negative reaction from somebody, without cause and out of the blue, it's not really about you.

There is something about that man's own life that he hates. Some people who feel as he does find a target and project their negativity outward.

So I advise you not to take it personally. If it only happened once, then ignoring it seems best. You don't know how crazy he is. Pushing back in any way might cause more trouble than it is worth.

• 8 months ago

Ignore him. Stop saying hello to him. Problem solved.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

soon you will be like me looking at the floor as you walk by.

i tend to ignore everyone but especially women as many of them feel the need to give me a shi tty look if i dare make eye contact.

although last month a little toddler with her gran said 'good morning' to me in such a posh accent i had to smile.

• 8 months ago

Ignore.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.