Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 8 months ago

How to deal with this offensive situation?

There is this middle-aged man that hates me just because he thinks I'm ugly looking. This man just hates me because in his opinion I am ugly looking to him. I just said "hello" to him just to be polite, then out of no where he called me ugly out loud. His remark was uncalled for. I didn't do anything wrong to him and I don't even know him.

It says it for attention, therefore, IGNORE him and MOVE ON.

• G R

Avoid him you don't have to deal with him

• Elaine

Unless this person and his opinion is important to you why would you care what he thinks?

Choose to put your focus elsewhere and not engage with this person.

hes the one being ugly, i would just ignore him and you shouldnt feel like youre ugly cause god dont make junk

• Angie

If you are in a situation in which you have no choice but to regularly interact with him, ignore him. Do not feel like you have to walk on eggshells around him, but do not go out of your way to make any kind of fuss. Go on as if the incident never occurred. Do not waste a moment more of your time trying to figure him out. Life is too short to allow miserable, negative people to have any place in our lives. They are only as significant as we allow them to be. Move on, and forget about him.

• susan

When you get that strong of a negative reaction from somebody, without cause and out of the blue, it's not really about you.

There is something about that man's own life that he hates. Some people who feel as he does find a target and project their negativity outward.

So I advise you not to take it personally. If it only happened once, then ignoring it seems best. You don't know how crazy he is. Pushing back in any way might cause more trouble than it is worth.

Ignore him. Stop saying hello to him. Problem solved.

soon you will be like me looking at the floor as you walk by.

i tend to ignore everyone but especially women as many of them feel the need to give me a shi tty look if i dare make eye contact.

although last month a little toddler with her gran said 'good morning' to me in such a posh accent i had to smile.

Ignore.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ