How can I go throughout my life with little sleep?

I do not like to sleep. Dreaming is annoying and it is not uncommon for me to have such vivid dreams that I have trouble waking up. Or these dreams haunt me for most of the day. I would also prefer to have more free time and have the ability to feel freedom at night. So how much sleep can I get each night without... show more I do not like to sleep. Dreaming is annoying and it is not uncommon for me to have such vivid dreams that I have trouble waking up. Or these dreams haunt me for most of the day. I would also prefer to have more free time and have the ability to feel freedom at night.

So how much sleep can I get each night without feeling awful the next day? My goal is four, but that might be unrealistic. I am 16, almost 17, so sleep is seemingly important. But maybe if I train my body I will be able to operate with less sleep?
1 answer 1