Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 months ago

Is revenge the only way to move on from childhood trauma that will take the rest of my life to recover from?

Favorite Answer

The only way to heal is through forgiveness. Not of the wrong doers but of yourself, yes yourself. You can believe what you have been taught or believe what is real. Unless your put in a wheel chair or imprisoned for many years you do not have to be in recovery for life. You are only a victim as long as you believe you are.I was like you once from childhood sexual trauma. I discovered one day that I was the only one calling me a victim because I felt shame and didn't want the world to know I was touched. The day I realized it was just a small piece of my life and I had no obligation to share it with others was the day I was no longer a victim. Today nobody knows unless I tell them and I learned a great deal from it. So forgive yourself for feeling less than and your not a victim anymore unless you say so.

• Joe

The best revenge is living a good life.

The best revenge is vanishing, it kills them, many will fall, break bones, get cancer, die.....

No because revenge only leads to more revenge.

It can never end.

Go and get help for this.

• Tony4 months agoReport

our home was destroy by people we don't get on with , I just so weak with it I just it to end I can understand that people don't earch other , me and my dad not close how it was back 94 my body act diffecy to him brother sister I wish I knew where going , where to go from stay to get hit or move on

• steve

Revenge is never a good answer. Revenge means you are going to do something negative to the person causing your problem. Do you think they are going to say ok? They will come back with more venom.

If it is from your childhood it is time you moved on and realised **** happens and you deal with it.

If it is from a member of your family then that means you need to speak to someone else in the family.

If it is a random person then think 'F=ck' them! Their views are not important to you.

nope. letting go of the anger will aid in your healing. drawing close to God will also assist in getting peace of mind.

Revenge is a dead end. Feels good and tempting in the idea, but when you really do something, you feel like an ashole, which is appropriate, and it's dangerous (consequences) and surprisingly unsatisfying.

Revenge won’t make you feel better, it will make you feel as bad as those that abused you. The best revenge is to get therapy, not think about those who traumatised you, to see them as the toxic insignificant people they are, move on with your life and aim for happiness. Happiness is the greatest revenge. I’m sorry for what you’ve been through. I’m working on my own trauma too, you’re not alone.

• Ashley T4 months agoReport

TeenCee thank you so much. That was great to read. Have a lovely day and I wish you well! :)

Your paper is the revenge like Beyoncé says. Do you.

• j153e

Counseling, like at https://www.hopefortheheart.org is helpful. They will be able to suggest other things like forgiveness of the person, which doesn't excuse their acts, but frees you from entanglement.

Related:

The Kindness Challenge by Shaunti Feldhahn;

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive;

Understanding Yourself by Mark Prophet.