Sorry we could not come to an agreement on this?

Does that sound like a proper way to convey regret on a transaction not having been completed. I've been working on behalf of a friend selling some of his high value goods while he's not in town. Buyer and myself could not agree on a price. We've been negotiating for weeks and did not agree on the... show more Does that sound like a proper way to convey regret on a transaction not having been completed.

I've been working on behalf of a friend selling some of his high value goods while he's not in town.

Buyer and myself could not agree on a price. We've been negotiating for weeks and did not agree on the price. I don't want to come off as condescending or sounding like I'm blaming him for the deal not being done.
Update: I'm also not sure if this line makes it sound like I'm taking the blame for it not getting done...