What if the lower tenant wont help mow lawn?

So when i moved into a upper lower duplex, I was the upper. The property was all dirt and there were no fences. I was verbally told by the rental management company that the owner will add sod in the backyard, split the yard with a fence, and I would be responsible for lawn care of my section of backyard and the... show more So when i moved into a upper lower duplex, I was the upper. The property was all dirt and there were no fences. I was verbally told by the rental management company that the owner will add sod in the backyard, split the yard with a fence, and I would be responsible for lawn care of my section of backyard and the whole front lawn. My lease says I was responsible for all lawn care.

They put a fence around the whole yard but no split. The sod was placed in the front and back. I ve been mowing the whole backyard and watering it because there is no downstairs tenant right now and I can use the whole yard.

I was informed by the contractor building the fence that the owner isnt going to split the yard. When a tenant downstairs moves in, I dont think it s fair that they can use the backyard, possibly ruining the grass, and I would still be responsible. Is there anything i can do? I dont mind lawn care, I just dont want to mow other people s lawns.