The thumb turn lock on flat door (fire door) is bust.... I've been tampering and probarly messed it up even more ....?

The thumball don't turn on inside and the door defo don't lock from out side with the key ...... I tried doing some diy but failed I got an Allen key and rood of the actual thumb turn part but that's back on now !! I stupidly went another step further and unscrewed the cover off the bit in the narrow part of fran where the locking block comes out then when I done that the lock bit with the key it part could be pulled in and out from both ends of door as the thimbal was removed help how do I put all this back together and solv problem

The reason it was not working is probably that the door is jammed or out of line. When it is adjusted the lock will work. Try shaking the door vigorously by the door handle while turning the lock. Just put everything back together the way it came off.

• PR

I would go online and find videos for: How to assemble a deadbolt lock. I think you have partly disassembled the deadbolt and not the normal part of the lock? You can find out how to do nearly anything with Youtube videos.