The thumb turn lock on flat door (fire door) is bust.... I've been tampering and probarly messed it up even more ....?

The thumball don't turn on inside and the door defo don't lock from out side with the key ...... I tried doing some diy but failed I got an Allen key and rood of the actual thumb turn part but that's back on now !! I stupidly went another step further and unscrewed the cover off the bit in the narrow... show more The thumball don't turn on inside and the door defo don't lock from out side with the key ...... I tried doing some diy but failed I got an Allen key and rood of the actual thumb turn part but that's back on now !! I stupidly went another step further and unscrewed the cover off the bit in the narrow part of fran where the locking block comes out then when I done that the lock bit with the key it part could be pulled in and out from both ends of door as the thimbal was removed help how do I put all this back together and solv problem