Carlos
Carlos asked in TravelUnited StatesPhiladelphia · 8 months ago

Is Philadelphia in your opinion the best place ( city ) to get the best cheesesteak subs ?

Favorite Answer

Are you asking if there are better places than Philladelphia to get a cheesesteak?

Possibly, I'm fond of the #9 cheesesteak at the D'Angelo chain in New England. However I think it's a function of what you've acclimated your taste buds to.

I did make the tourist pilgrimage to Philly to Geno's and Pats. I got one from each, I preferred Geno's. No doubt there are better cheesesteaks in Philly, but I didn't have opportunity to seek them out. The thing about Geno's and Pats is they use rib roast (a.k.a. prime rib) for the meat, which makes it very flavorable and tender. I've never seen that quality of meat used outside of Philadelphia for a cheesesteak sub. Most places use some cheaper cut of beef.

Source(s): Fat kid foodie.

Yes, in my opinion it is.

Go to redding market, they have really good cheese steaks there, lines are crazy too

• MS

Yes, but skip the tourist traps Pat's and Geno's and find another good local place instead. They are everywhere, and they often look like total dives.

it might be, ive never lived there