Is there an engineering degree that has chemistry biology physics and mathematics?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

biotechnology

biomedical engineering

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Mathematics is present in all the 4 years of engineering. Also present are numerical analysis and optimization, mathematical modelling and simulation. Instrumentation and chemical engineering has a subject process control which also uses lot of mathematics in Laplace domain.

Chemical engineering curriculum has two semesters for each of physical chemistry, organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry in first two years with theory and laboratory work.

Physics is taught in first semester of engineering with theory as well as laboratory.

Chemical engineering has course on biochemistry and elective on biochemical engineering.

• GTB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

the so called biomedical engineering field comes pretty close

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

All enginering disciplines require a significant amount of maths knowledge and also some aspects of physics. Chemical engineering requires a knowledge of chemistry whilst bio-engineering will require biology. However there is enough to study directly for the courses not to include these at first and second year level. Only those relevant to the area one is going to progress in will be added (and some areas dropped) for the third year onwards.

I don't know of any degree that will combine ALL of these aspects to a great depth, and I studied electrical engineering at university.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Talk to The admissions office about a concurrent Degrees Program. They can Engineer a solution(and/or mixture) for you.

• 6 months ago

NONE SUCH DEGREE COVERS 4 HUGE TOPICS.

• Julien
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

All biology engineering degrees will have a bit of all of that. Agronomy, pharmaceuticals, biotechnologies, or anything.

But just a bit, it will never look like the sum of a degree in chemistry, a degree in biology, a degree in physics and a degree in mathematics.

On the other hand, degrees in medical imaging for instance will be more physics and maths-dominated, with less biology.

• 6 months ago

Yes, I'm sorry I don't know the actual name. I do know people with the degree or something similar. Like Engineering with a concentration or minor in chemistry. Don't quote me on that but I do know it exist. One of my friends who got the major works on hair products for women

• 6 months ago

Engineering uses physics and mathematics, but why do you ask?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.