Can you take photos of other people's pets if you work at a pet daycare?

I work at a pet daycare and boarding place, and I play with the dogs every time I work. I really want to be able to film and photograph the dogs because I have gotten really attached to them and would like to have photos to remember them by. I know in some professions it's not okay and violates HIPPA or something to photograph stuff like that...But do dogs count?

• keerok

Even if there's no policy or regulation against it, it's not recommended. You say you're getting attached to the animals. Having their photos will feed your obsession. I say don't take or keep photos of them. Just don't. It keeps you grounded professionally.

• PR

I would ask at your workplace, and also ask the owners. I would not post any pics or videos anywhere without specific owner written permission.

Why don’t you ask the place you are employed at. I’m sure they know what their rules are. Some places might allow it and some might not so you need to ask your workplace.