is this GPU good?

is it 2gn or 4gb?

if i should describe it what can i say?

Favorite Answer

The GT 610 has 1GB onboard memory and the remainder of the memory is shared from your system RAM. The max it can share is 3GB which is why it states that the memory is 4GB. The GPU is quite old (roughly 6 years) but should handle a reasonable amount.

• A.J.

It looked like gt 630 until I expanded to 230%. Graphics cards don't use system memory in sharing and the GT 610 is lower than 630. It is below Intel integrated of a few years ago. In 2012, it was a replacement for integrated graphics.

Depends on what you are doing, for general web browsing netflix etc its probably fine, if you want to game its either the bare minimum or below what you need depending og on how recent the game is.,

For gaming, it is crap. It might run games from 2010 and older. It wasn't a high end card when it was new anyways, so you can't expect much from it.

• Adrian

I suspect what you are looking at is "total ram", which includes shared system ram.

Most GT 610 cards came with 1GB of dedicated video ram. Maybe newer ones had 2GB, but Nvidia does not specify that on their web site:

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/gefo...

• A.J.

It was fairly low end in 2012. There were a couple of 4GB DDR3 versions of GT 630 but gaming can only use about 1 to 2GB maximum of a GT 630. The extra VRAM may help display a large high resolution photograph. Overall, it is in line with integrated Intel of a couple of years ago

It's called VRAM.

Also, I would consider building a PC and buying a monitor.

• yousef4 months agoReport

it's hurt me in my wallet to say that i can't
      i think i'll buy ps4 it run everything